Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The greatest Chilean of all time


This post has been definitely the most difficult of all. I don't know about what to talk, because I think that each person can be considered a valuable person according to the area in which it is recognized, Violeta Parra and much of his family have dedicated their life to music  marking a milestone in our history. 

Gabriela Mistral, Pablo Neruda and Gonzalo Rojas among many others, wrote verses until the day of his death. Even athletes, presidents, television characters, writers, people linked to religion and even characters as "Condorito"set a precedent.

Choosing just one is difficult, but I think the biggest Chilean is Saint Alberto Hurtado, who dedicated his life to helping the needy.

He walked the streets of Santiago at night looking for everyone who did not have where to sleep, thus founded the "Hogar de Cristo", which until today perpetuates its mission.

His life was full of sacrifice and dedication, and in 1996, was beatified in Rome.

Personally I chose this person because of the sense that he gave to his life, I think that between all the gratest Chilean, he is the best.



1 comment:

  1. I don't really like the Church or the priests, but the Padre Hurtado was a great man, I admire him.

    ReplyDelete